7 Ways to Contact AAA Roadside Assistance
Before you need help, know your options.
Flat tire on the side of the highway? No worries. Ran out of gas in the driveway? Yep, we got you. Locked out of your car at a friend’s house? We’re on our way.
But how exactly do you get help to come to you? There are more ways than one—seven, actually. Here’s how to contact AAA Roadside Assistance to get help fast:
Bonus points: As a AAA Member, you’re covered in any car—whether you’re the driver or passenger.
How our text messaging service works
1. Text the word “help” to 800-222-1134 (in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee) or 800-222-6424 (in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and Wisconsin) to initiate your road service request.
2. You’ll be reminded to call 911 if it’s an emergency, and then you’ll get a list of options so you can select the kind of service you need.
3. Text back your selection. Then you may be asked for your membership information.
4. You will be prompted to answer a few questions about your service request and provide details about your vehicle.
5. Next, give your breakdown location using the provided link to a movable map where you can mark your current location.
6. A service provider will be sent to assist you. And if you need a tow, you can choose from nearby AAA Approved Auto Repair or AAA Car Care Plus facilities (or your home address if you want to be towed there).
You can also check the status of your request by texting “help” once again to the same number. And if you need to talk with a customer advocate, you can request a callback.
Reasons for roadside
When you contact AAA Roadside Assistance for help, you can receive the following services:
- Battery boosts
- Extrication and winching
- Fuel delivery
- Minor mechanical first aid
- Tire service
- Towing (not available via Alexa/Google Assistant)
- Vehicle lock-out